Professionally I mainly work on making websites. I have a job as a PHP web developer, I have some websites of my own, and I work on a freelance basis.
- Design simple and clear layout and styling, or
- Make websites from a graphic design.
- Install a CMS (Content Management System), so that the site owner can add or change text and pictures.
- Make forms and other interactive elements.
- Make the website user friendly.
- Make technical things for handling and storing information.
- Edit photos to make them suitable for websites.
- Make sure the website looks good in all commonly used web browsers, on computers, smartphones en tablets.
- Make sure the website is also clear to Google and other search engines.
My technical skills:
- PHP scripts with MySQL databases, also object oriented
- CSS for styling and layout, responsive design
- .htaccess files for configuring Apache web servers
- Textpattern CMS
- CodeIgniter MVC framework
- (and, of course, HTML)
I pay attention to usability, and have been subscribed to Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox news letter for as long as I can remember, (or rather, since I make websites).