Professionally I mainly work on making websites. I have some websites of my own, and I work on a freelance basis.
- Design simple and clear layout and styling, or
- Make websites from a graphic design.
- Install a CMS (Content Management System), so that the site owner can add or change text and pictures.
- Make forms and other interactive elements.
- Make the website clear and user friendly.
- Make technical things for handling and storing information.
- Edit photos to make them suitable for websites.
- Make sure the website looks good on computers, smartphones, as well as tablets.
- Make sure the website is also clear to Google and other search engines.
My technical skills:
- PHP scripts with MySQL databases, object oriented, MVC, procedural
- CSS for styling and layout, responsive design
- Plesk / Cpanel / DirectAdmin / Apache configuration / VPS (CentOS)
- Textpattern CMS
- CodeIgniter framework
- (and, of course, HTML)
I pay attention to usability, and have been subscribed to Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox news letter for as long as I can remember, (or rather, since I make websites).